CCUA CENTRAL REGIONAL MEETING & EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING OF THE CIVIL COURT USERS ASSOCIATION
Tuesday 22nd September 2015
KPMG, 1 Snow Hill, Snowhill Queensway, B4 6GH
The meeting should close at 1.00pm and a buffet lunch will follow.
- Welcome to members, new members and guests.
- Minutes of the previous meeting held on Tuesday 30th June 2015- to follow
- Matters arising from the Minutes not on the agenda.
- “Mediation- is it all it is cracked up to be?”
Speaker: Richard Harrison, A Birmingham Mediator supported by Karen Early,
Operations Manager, Her Majesty’s Courts & Tribunals Service
- Her Majesty’s Courts & Tribunals Service.
a) An oral update report from the Court Service by Louise Titteron, Head of Civil, Family and Tribunals for the Midland Region for Her Majesty’s Courts & Tribunals Service.
b) An oral update report on The Money Claims Centralised Processing and Contact Centre at Loughborough by Eliz Augusztinyi, Delivery Manager, National Business Centres, Crown House, Loughborough.
- To receive Association reports:-
Chairman’s Report-Amir Ali, Acting Chair CCUA
Legal & Technical Committee Report – Zakia Khalid, on behalf of The Legal & Technical Committee of which she is a member.
The Policy & Reform Committee, Amir Ali, Acting Chair, CCUA
The Annual Conference 2015- a report by Amir Ali, Chair of The Events Committee.
- To note the Cilex & Law Society accreditation for this meeting for CPD purposes.
a) To report on progress being made for a speaker for the December 2015 meeting
b) To consider a speaker and subject for the March 2016 meeting
- Solicitors Regulation Authority
- Legal Ombudsman
- StepChange Debt Charity
- A speaker from St Phillips Chambers, Birmingham
- Any Other Business. Court Surgeries
Please email Claire at the CCUA (email@example.com) telephone (07583 137979 / 01527 585001) as soon as possible. This will assist with the security arrangements. Thank you.
This post was written by Chris Dunkerley